Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sguil Problem

Today, I got problem with my Sguil machine. When I want to run Sguil script, i got this error, "Table `event` is marked as crashed and should be repaired".















I checked the error message with dmesg to find out the problem:














After that, I'm trying to restart sguild script, but I got same error. At the same time, I remember TaoSecurity posting about MYSQL problem. I try to search from TaoSecurity blog and I found this link:
http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/2007/03/recovering-from-corrupted-mysql.html

I run this mysqlcheck command like this:
izhar/root #mysqlcheck -r sguildb -p
Enter password















After running mysqlcheck, I try to start sguild script again, but it still not working. I reboot my FreeBSD 6.1. and go to maintenance mode. I run fsck command to check file system consistency and interactively repairs the file system:
#fsck














After running fsck command, i reboot my Sguil machine and trying to run again my Sguil. Everything work without any errors. So I can used back my Sguil machine.

Conclusion: Shutdown your Sguil machine properly. Hehehe, yesterday I forgot to shutdown it and immediately closed my VMware Sguil without shutdown it.

No comments: